In other news, we've been getting out a bit more. Well, more since my parents left, anyway. Just to do errands and stuff, but still, it's nice. You know those motorized carts they have at most stores? Has anyone else ever used these before? Please tell me I'm not the only one. Anyway, yeah, those things suck! They have seriously died on me every. single. time. Which leaves me wondering, what do people do if this happens and nobody's with them? Yell is the only reasonable answer I can come up with. So yeah, our new thing is to do a family train through the store. Never heard of it? Well, if you're crippled and must get out, I recommend it. Picture this: kids in the cart (or Lola in the cart and Nico on the hub's shoulders, as was the case yesterday), me in the wheelchair pushing the cart, and then Dan pushing me. Yes, I know this sounds crazy, and probably a bit too embarrassing for most people to try, but we have no shame. And you do what you've gotta do, right? So if you see a train of crazies out and about in Northern Virginia, it's probably us. Feel free to stop by and say hello. Don't worry, our train makes frequent stops.
Anyway, as far as the weekend goes, I think Dan's gonna try to take Nico to Six Flags tomorrow morning before the weather becomes suffocatingly hot and humid. Also, I'd (and by I, I mean Dan) like to set up the baby pool and beach ball sprinkler for the kiddos. And then we promised to take them to see Brave, as well (something we failed to do last weekend b/c Nico re-got strep). It should be fun.
What do you guys have planned this weekend? Whatever it is, I hope y'all enjoy yourselves.
1. How amazing are these honeycomb pots? I'd like one in every color, please and thank you!
2. Speaking of honeycomb things, I'm pretty obsessed with these DIY shelves as well.
3. I seriously can't wait to see this movie! I used to not get the Channing Tatum obsesh, but after watching The Vow and then seeing him do a ton of interviews for MM, I kind of get it. I like a dude who doesn't take himself too seriously.
4. This store is filled with things I want for my home!
5. I think this is a topic a lot of mommy bloggers struggle with (or even just bloggers in general).
6. It's a shame we just got a new comforter, because I'm pretty sure we need this bedspread. I love me some Orla Kiely!
7. Neither of my kids still wear onsies, but this could just as easily be done with shirts. So fun!
8. Just a great post from one of my favorite mommy blogger's.
9. I'm pretty sure I just died b/c Nutella & Cool Whip popsicles? Hell to the yes!
10. An amazing list of ideas for repurposing cardboard into kid crafts/toys.