I have to admit, this whole not being able to drive thing is really starting to get to me. The kids and I have all got a bad case of cabin fever. Which is rather unfortunate, because since Dan works all week (well, usually), by the time the weekend rolls around, he just wants to relax. I can't say I blame him, but that doesn't stop me from having a laundry list of places I want him to take us the minute he walks through the door on Friday. This doesn't annoy him at all or anything (enter sarcasm here). At this point, I'm sure he's just as ready for me to be walking again as I am.
Thankfully, I did get a boot on Tuesday. No, I'm not allowed to bear weight on it, BUT, I am one step closer to being through with all of this. The doc's instructed me to remain non-weight bearing for a month, but after that? I'll begin physical therapy, and then hopefully walking again. So, right now we're just playing the waiting game. Not my favorite thing to do, considering I'm probably the most impatient person ever.
Anyway, this weekend will be spent running errands, mostly. After swimming in our friend's pool the other day, Nico's been begging me for one of our own, so I think we'll have to make a trip to Target for that (darn!). Plus, as I mentioned here, the majority of our food spoiled during the power outage last weekend, so we'll need to go grocery shopping. This typically requires a trip to Costco, the Commissary and/or Trader Joe's. Fun times, I tell ya. Other than that, I'm hoping we can do something indoors, since it's so flippin' hot out. I know Dan wants to go to The Smithsonian, so maybe that? Or, perhaps, we'll visit the distillery & gristmill down the road? Though I'm not sure that's completely indoors. I guess we'll see. Definitely wanna do something fun, though. I hate to waste the weekend just on errands, you know?
Have a great weekend, everyone!
P.S. I'll have a rad giveaway up next week, so be on the lookout for that!
1. Just one of the many gorgeous images from Ruche's new baby collection, Itsy Bitsy. I want it all!
2. Totes wanna do this on a wall in Lola's room! So fun!
3. Love this idea for asking your kid the same three questions every few months to see how their answers change!
4. Pretty sure I need these Toms, like yesterday.
5. Ordered this cute camera strap the other day. I especially love the lens cap pocket!
6. Jordan's put together a great list of housewarming gifts.
7. A site where you enter your zip code and it tells you what you should be planting? Amazing.
8. How pretty are these necklaces? Obsessed.
9. I'll definitely be doing this little trick next time I paint my toes. So clever!
10. A helpful list of blog layout tips.